Monday, June 1, 2015

5 Loves & Lusts | Spring 2015

I'm alive! Since January, I have been an awful blogger. My husband and I purchased our first home in February and my life has been a whirlwind since then. Between buying everything I need to furnish the place, moving and being the maid of honour, makeup artist and hair stylist at my cousin's destination wedding, things have been slightly busy. We moved into our condo last week and things are coming together so I will be posting a lot more content on here on a regular basis now that my life is in order. Since I have been missing in action for so long I wanted to share with you five things I have been loving and lusting after lately.
1. Benefit Brow Bar: I visited the Benefit Brow Bar in Square One before my trip in April and I fell in love! I was having brow trust issues. The last time I got my eyebrows done was before IMATS in November (!!!) and the girl basically took a chainsaw to my eyebrows. It was horrendous and I felt naked. Lacey at Benefit has restored my trust in the eyebrow gods and I absolutely adore their technique. My brows have never looked better!

As you can see, they do something called Brow Mapping. They map out where your brows should start and end and where your arch should be. They then wax around the mapped area, tweeze any stray hairs and trim and your done. It is over 6 weeks later and my eyebrows still look great. I haven't tweezed a single hair! I can tell you I won't be going anywhere else!
2. NYX Micro Brow Pencil: This has been touted as the dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I generally hate eyebrow pencils because they are too hard to work with. I've heard the Anastasia is great but I won't spend $27CAN on such little product, especially when I know a drugstore dupe is always close behind. This NYX one is only $10 and I've heard it is a creamy formula and works wonders. Unfortunately, now that Target Canada has closed getting my hands on NYX has become increasingly difficult. I also noticed that Cherry Culture no longer carries NYX online and the NYX website does not ship to Canada! You're killing me here NYX. If you know of any online carriers that sell NYX and ship to Canada, let a girl know. I am dying to try this.
3. IKEA Malm Dressing Table: Our condo is a one bedroom plus den and of course, I have converted our den into a makeup room, against my husbands will. Above is a sneak peak once my husband put all of the IKEA furniture together. I adore my Alex Drawers but the Malm Dressing Table is the star of the show! There is a drawer in the table that is absolutely to die for. Most of my eyeshadow palettes (including my Urban Decay Naked Palettes and my Coastal Scents Revealed palettes) can stand up in the drawer. I can fit a ridiculous amount of makeup in there which makes it so handy to get to my everyday makeup in the morning. It is perfect for my current favourites and go-tos so I don't even have to think in the morning!
4. ROKU 3.0: My husband and I decided against cable. It is stupid expensive and I always watch TV online anyways. My only issue is that I love to watch TV when I am going to bed. So we got the Roku Streaming Stick for the living room and the Roku 3.0 in the bedroom. The reason for that is that they are basically the same and both come with remotes. But the 3.0 comes with a remote with a headphone jack. When headphones are plugged into this jack, the TV is mute and you can hear your TV through the headphones. It is perfect for when my husband is playing video games in the living room and I can't hear the TV, or when he is trying to sleep. I am obsessed with this feature and how easy the Roku is to use.
5. New Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick Shades: I haven't even tried a Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick but these colours are to die for! Kat Von D always knows exactly what I want to buy and produces it so beautifully. She comes out with amazing colours that are not easy to find from other brands at Sephora. I am so excited for these to launch in July and cannot wait to get my hands on Echo and Bow n' Arrow.

What are you guys loving and lusting after this spring?


No comments:

Post a Comment